Friday, February 12, 2010

Interesting Meetup

So I had a mini-mastermind/gathering with fellow internet/affiliate marketers at HK cafe earlier. After being in this game for around 1.5 years, it was my first time meeting people in person who are actually doing the same thing as me..

And I really enjoyed the meetup. It made me feel more humane. Well my industry is so niche that you can ask 100 people and 100 people will not have heard of it before. Haha.

Talked about stuff that normal people would usually roll their eyes few times over, and what I had thought would be a short gathering, turned out to be 4 hours.

It seemed the most of them already knew each other and I was the only complete stranger there. To be honest, I had thought twice before deciding to go, but well one of the resolutions I have this year is to get out there to meet more people and I had to fulfill that. And it turned out really well..

It feels weird/funny when people say that they have heard of me when I don't even know them in person. I must have done something right. =)

6 comments:

ice said...

niceeeeee

its never easy to step out of our comfort zones. but when we do, we realise that the world is not what we always thought it was.
haha

great start for 2010!:)

drew said...

now to go clubbing with ian next week!

Swee said...

"the world is not what we always thought it was."

Well said!

Ian said...

yes. i never thought the world was all about clubbing. join me. give me a call. you know my cell.

Ben said...

Let's bank 2010 hard. Gotta grind harder to shine harder ;)

Meetup soon again, see when got time.

Esen said...

*think for 5min*
i think i got the joke. LOL.