Saturday, August 14, 2010

I need validation

Question:
What is a screwed up lifestyle?

Answer:
When you have breakfast at 6am, sleep at 8am, wake up at 3pm, and start work at 5pm.

I think I need to be validated. When people around ask me why am I working on Friday nights, I can't find a reply to that. Well, my point is.. does it really matter?

I don't have a girlfriend now, which can also be translated as having a lot of free time. I do try to squeeze in other activities outside of work - suppers, sports, coffee outings, meetups, family outings..

Am I working too hard?

I know I don't reply that actively on MSN, and I also know I have very short attention spans when I'm online.

But.. I really don't think I am working too hard!

I work at the times when people are not. When the world (or at least Singapore) sleeps, I work. When they wake up and go to work, I'm probably snoring my guts away on my bed.

It's a lonely job.. actually I wouldn't even call it a job but I can't find an apt term now.

I always tell my friends.. It's a means to an end..
I don't foresee myself doing this for a long time.
In fact, I'm already working towards something more long-term and sustainable.

I might neglect you guys online.. I might miss a few MJ sessions.. And I even might miss a few suppers..

But I really do put in the effort to meet up when its possible.

If I'm guilty of anything, then charge me for just my lack of response on MSN.
I guess I just prefer the face-to-face meetup than the behind-the-monitor chat..

Sometimes I have to work at night because I have to meet and talk to Americans during their working hours.. While I try to network with my friends here, I have to do my networking with them too!


Okay enough of bitching.. Just needed to get this off my chest!

No comments: