Friday, February 4, 2011

I have ZERO gambling luck

The tribe has spoken.. and I have to concur with their verdict....

I have absolutely zilch, zero, nada, kosong luck when it comes to gambling!

As I was just telling my brother yesterday, it's always a case of "same story, different year", for me every year.

Over the years, I've become so accustomed to becoming Santa (or rather God of Fortune in this case), that I've somewhat subconsciously consciously drawn more money to prepare for CNY.

They say that in order to receive you must first give, and that giving is better than receiving. I am very thankful for the existence of such inspirational quotes, because they have managed to keep me sane and hopeful for the past 25 years!


Actually my parents were the first ones to notice my gambling luck, or lack of it. Haha. And when they first told me about it, I was pretty quick to brush it off. But after some self-reflection, I realized they were spot on totally.

Rewind to previous CNYs...

1)
"Hey let Swee be the banker!" Whole floor erupts in joy (Now I understand why)

2)
Me: Hey why aren't you all playing yet?
Everyone else: Cos you're late and we're all waiting for the banker!


Sucks to be me.

=)


2 comments:

ice said...

i wish you DOUBLE HUAT this bunny year!!!

;D

Swee said...

:) Thanks! I hope you get a high-flying boyfriend!