Saturday, October 31, 2009

Of Dreams and Goals

*Warning: Lofty Goals and Big Talk ahead

They say that when you dream, dream big.

Well, it makes perfect sense because since you're already dreaming, why waste your time carving out small and minute dreams?

Of course there is still the concern of dreaming within the boundaries of reality and fantasy, but I say throw caution to the wind and dare to dream big!

A few days ago, while walking back home from another supper, I saw a white BMW at the carpark of my block. At that moment, the thought of owning my own Beemer suddenly struck home.

Okay I'm not really a "car guy", because I know nuts about car parts. I don't have the hots for fast cars and I don't go crazy over car zhnging either.

But, a BMW is different.

Don't ask me why its different, its just different.

Seems that I have had the thought or dream of owning one since a long time ago, but had never really given serious thought to it before...

... Till now.

So I've decided to write down my goals and what I want to achieve for now:

  1. Allow my parents to do what they want without worrying about supporting the family financially.

  2. Ensure my income remains consistent (consistently high that is), and eventually financial freedom.

  3. Own a BMW.

  4. Diversify my sources of income via other means of investment (property, stocks).

  5. Having my own cafe.

  6. Giving back to the society.

  7. Globetrotting

It's important to dream big, but it's even more important to know that dreams will just remain as what they are if you do nothing about it.

I think I'm pragmatic enough to know that goals will change as time passes, but these are the things that I've desired, be it in the past or the present.

Watch this space. =)

1 comment:

Esen said...

我跟你confirm!