Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Take 2

Christmas this year was a lil different from the past. There was no customary annual Christmas dinner at DZ's place, because both Andrew and him prefer to spend Christmas in a foreign land. I kinda miss that, it was always fun.

I don't really celebrate Christmas, because I don't appreciate the true meaning behind it - for obvious religious reasons. But I do appreciate the joy and unity that it brings to so many people out there.

I know Andrew wrote about the depressing topic of commercialization during this festive period, but I don't agree with him. If this kind of commercialization can bring about so much joy to everyone, I really don't mind it at all. I mean....

How often do you see people coming together, buying gifts for everyone, and most importantly, risk being blinded with foam on Orchard Road by people you've never seen before in your life?

Okay but seriously, tis really is the season of joy.

For me, even though I dont understand the meaning of it, I enjoy the gatherings with friends and the festive vibes all around.

Another big part of Christmas, to me, is the giving of gifts.

My friend calls me a walking radish (because im the easiest customer) but I enjoy the act of gifting. Especially when my gifts warm hearts and carve out the widest of smiles.

So this season, and maybe because I'm in a luckier plight, I thought I would do more and try my best to be Santa.

I did my part for needy people around the world, and I hope that it would go a long way. =)

You should too, if you think you are in the position to help.

Next up, a reflection of the current year and what's to come ahead.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: