Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I can read minds...

Or at least the birthday wishes that people have!

Example #1
I was with Jasmine and I had just drove out of the carpark at The Cathay.

Jasmine (after seeing a cab with an advertisement of The Lion King):
Hey I wanna watch the lion king but I heard from my sis that it has ended already.. 

Me:
Oh really? Hmmm.. 
(I had already bought tix for the lion king that evening, but it was unknown to her obviously)

Jasmine:
Yea... *Pouts*


I then revealed it to her over dinner. Like to think that she was rather thrilled!


Example #2
I was having an imperial dinner with xiuxiu at Sushi Tei (imperial because the bill came up to $110 for the 2 of us) to celebrate her birthday.

Halfway through the dinner, she suddenly told me that she wants to buy a luggage. I swear I nearly choked on my tamago sushi when I heard that. Just a few hours back, I had went shopping for her present and got her the exact gift she wanted - a samsonite luggage!

---

I think I should be a party planner, or at least for birthdays. =)

6 comments:

drew said...

thanks in advance boss.

pi said...

apparently only applies to girls..woo

Swee said...

drew, judging from your recent pics with the 2 girls, i think that's enough love there already...

Swee said...

pi, no im usually quite fair. =)

Niu said...

Then I think as your doubles partner, I assume theres no reason to get it wrong.. ;-)

Lin said...

Wah! Why everyone seems to have present for their birthday but I dont get anything from you for my bdae?!