Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What keeps you going forward?

To keep myself sane and to constantly motivate myself, I believe the segregation of short and long term aims is critical.

Short term:
No classes on an evening
Overseas trip
Meet ups with friends
A game of cards, winning eleven.. (the women dont get it)
Mum's dinner awaiting
Sat morning soccer
Fridays
The cool and sleek latest gadget in town (transitory)

There are of course many other minute things that just come to your mind randomly.
But essentially, these are all the mundane things. The simple pleasures in life.
The things that keep me looking forward to everyday.

Long term:
I think whatever I write under here currently wouldn't be accurate and most likely would be the standard goals that everyone else has.
Till I have a clearer picture of what's ahead, I will update this in due course.

Talking about looking forward to something, I don't have classes tonight and I think I'm gonna join the guys for another jog. Haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky u..my doc has banned me fr jogging for 6 weeks until recovery. guess there's no way i cld join u guys for the human race =( sighh

Swee said...

Don't worry, there are lots of races all around the year! If I enjoy it this time, I might join the coming ones.. Haha