Monday, July 21, 2008

When old friends meet..

Date: 20 July 2008
Venue: Fish & Co, Tampines
Event: Lunch - Class 6/1 of 1997 (Fengshan Primary)
---

Fish & Chips

Seafood Platter

It was a gathering long overdue; the last one probably happened 2 years back.
You always need a catalyst for such gatherings to take place and Siying was the one this time round.
Although the expected turnout shrunk at the eleventh hour, it was a few hours of good fun and company.

It’s interesting to see how everyone has grown and matured and yet still be able to click with so many topics.
And of course, there were the usual poking fun at each others’ traits:

Siying’s “…Then?”. PJ’s shot angling. Yit Woon’s boyishness. Elson and Jeanette’s prawn shelling. My Eyes-Wide-Shut (EWS) smile.

Elson - PJ - Yit Woon - Me

Siying - Jasmine - Jeanette

Seems like Jasmine and Siew Choo are the only ones who were absolved of any mockery. Maybe we really should have brought up Chinese Dance. Haha.

Even though we all changed quite a bit, the adage, “Old habits die hard” could not be more true than ever. Some traits in us just do not go away. You might not realize it, but when everyone else says so, you just have to agree with it. Especially so, when its coming from people whom you have not met in years. Haha.

And, it seemed that marriage was a hot topic too - 2 of my friends will be walking down the aisle in 2010!
One of them is my “tu-er”, and that was not too much of a surprise.

The other one is Weiwen, and honestly, I did not think for a moment that marriage would be on the cards for him that quickly.
He never seemed the sort who would want to settle down as yet. Haha.

Well, but I’m happy for the both of them. :)
I’m already looking forward to the first wedding dinner!

On a lighter note, I think my eyes really can't be seen when I smile in photos... Just take a look at the photos below and count the number of times you can actually see my eyes..

P.S. It's not an easy feat!

EWS #1

I think Siew Choo was looking at me


EWS #2
Okay I close my eyes too even when I don't smile

EWS #3

Siew Choo - Siying - Jasmine - Jeanette

Now I know what's a photogenic face

I actually like this photo...

Let's roll back the years...

Okay once more!

---
Going for this gathering kinda put things into perspective.
I really should have gone for the sportsclass gathering some time back. My bad!
I’ll make sure I turn up for the next one, if everything else permits…
Scouts’ honour!



No comments: