Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nostalgia Part 1 (Those were the days...)

From this....

to this....


I think Alvin gave the most identical pose.. Drew, nice try.
Notice how the ball has evolved too.. Haha..

Was looking through my photo album just now and decided to scan some old school photos in.

Taken at the ledge outside our classroom (Sec 3)

I think this was taken in Sec 4


Talk about nostalgia, I met up with Jeff yesterday who was back here after like 2 years. It's not everyday I hear newly weds coming our beautiful garden city for a honeymoon but looking at the happiness in the both of them, I think I'm not in a position to question that.

It was nice to meet an old friend again and he must be my first friend who has gotten married. Lucky guy he is, his wife has an uncanny resemblance to 周迅!

Dinner at Billy Bombers, followed by tau huay at Rochor. The couple from China kept insisting that tau huay in SG tastes much more tender and smooth than back home. Looking at how eager and happy they were to taste the tau huay, I really had to believe them.

I always get a fuzzy feeling after I meet up with old friends. Yesterday was no exception.

---

Sometimes, we are guilty of being too caught up in our own world.

When that happens, take a step back and evaluate the importance of things. Cherish the ones you hold dear to your heart, stave the next convenient excuse and actually make the effort to give someone your attention.

Know what's material and what's not, and delegate your attention accordingly.

2008 wasn't the most smooth sailing year for me personally, and I'm looking forward to a better year ahead. Time for a reflection and some resolutions!



3 comments:

drew said...

both photos were sec4. sec3 classroom was on the groundfloor.

drew said...

btw, thanks for the pix..

Anonymous said...

Drew, oh yeah now I rmb.. Sec 3 was the one where we sat near the fire-exit... Haha