Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sense of Urgency (or lack thereof)

Time..

I've been passing time, watching trains go by.... All of my life... WHAT?!?!

---

So today's entry is about how wasteful I've been with time, and how I ought to be shot!

I know I mentioned in one of my posts before that having time is a misnomer, because we can never have time, we only waste time.. And true to my word, I've wasted a quarter of 2010 away.

So as I'm moving further and further away from my noble (I think) aspirations, I know I need to wake up and do something productive and different finally.

You guys might not understand it, but when you work at home and without the need to report to anyone, being productive is a daunting task.

I have abundant time, but the more time I have, the lesser things I get done.

And to list some of the lame attempts at increasing my productivity:

Resolutions don't work.
Self-help books don't work.
Motivational posters don't work.
To-do lists don't work.
Inspirational music doesn't work.

And I just read this on another blog,

Procrastination is masturbation…you’re only ever fucking yourself.


Well said.

No comments: