Thursday, April 1, 2010

Starting a New Phase

Time flies...

In a jiffy/blink of an eye/(insert phrase learnt in secondary school to describe passing of time), it's already April!

So 3 months into the year, I have come to a realization that time is way ahead of me. Ok but this post is not supposed to be about me; it's about my parents.

It has been 3+ months since my dad gave up his Econ minimart and he has been a happy homemaker all this while. haha.

Watching korean dramas, helping out in household chores, going for walks at ECP with my mum on alternate days, and really just lowering a few gears, after being so caught up with work for the past 30 over years.

While it has been a good break after all that toil, I think we do realize that he is still too young to retire.

So today, my mum and dad will enter a new phase of their lives as they take over a canteen stall at a primary school!

I hope that they will enjoy it very much. =)

5 comments:

alvin said...

thats really cool man. i still remember the 40c mee rebus i had in pri sch. power!

Swee said...

yeah man idk how they managed to beat the inflation. anyway im going to the school now to find ur 40c mee rebus!

drew said...

the first two lines of your post made it sound like another one of those motivational ones.

xiu xiu said...

nice! (:

alvin said...

yeah drew i totally thought it was too. another of those 'motivational' ones. eh show swee the gervais clip. awwww..