Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Sponsored Children!

Makara

Mitchell

Jamna

There are many ways of helping others out, but one way that I have always wanted to contribute is to give needy children a good environment to grow up in.

I am very fortunate to be born in Singapore, where we all lead a fairly comfortable life since young. We are given an excellent environment to develop and grow. Many luxuries that are alien to the more unfortunate ones, just appear to come naturally to us.

Some time back, I made the decision to sponsor a few children, to do my part in giving them a better living environment.

Most of these children were born in poor families with total annual incomes of less than USD $300.

Sponsoring a child only costs USD $28/month, and I figured that I could part with that money that would otherwise be spent on more suppers.

1 supper = $4
7 suppers = $28 (sponsor a child for a month)
21 suppers = $84 (sponsor 3 children every month)

So taking into consideration that I have supper 21 times a month (usually 32 [8 times a week * 4 ]), I thought the money would be better off spent helping the children who need it, than using it to make myself fatter.

=)

And if you're interested, check them out.
ChildFund

4 comments:

drew said...

just hope you know the various nooks and crannies of sponsoring a child. it's not the actual 3 children that you've posted pictures of but rather its a more sustainable approach to supporting a village/community.

in any case, good on you mate..

Swee said...

Yup that is true.. I guess as long as it goes to good use, and not used for paying golden taps.

Anonymous said...

i esp like Mitchell!

Unknown said...

Swee!! Mitchell is adorable! =D Aww i wana carry her!