Friday, April 22, 2011

Your True Value

When you're at the top of your game, people tend to fawn around you.
They go out of the way to make life easy for you, and make you feel special.

When you're down and out, the people who used to fawn around you disappear.
They look for the next in-form player to attach themselves to, and a new cycle begins.

The people who stick around throughout your ups and downs - they are the ones who really matter.
They judge you by your character, and they see your true value and potential.
These are the people I look for when I decide who I wanna work with.

---

I have wandered for a long, long time, and I find myself now lost in a valley.
I know very well that I have to do the walking myself, but I figured I could use some help/direction.
So... I ask familiar faces around me if they could point me in the right direction.

From valley to peak

I get mixed responses.
Some former fawners are now scorners.
Some remain as helpful as ever and talk to me as if I have never left.

Just know that I won't be lost for any much longer in the valley.
When I climb my way to the top of the mountain, the same fawn trick won't work again.

4 comments:

pat said...

arent u glad you learn this early

early = when you have not too much to lose? :)

pat said...

sorry, it should be
early = still can afford to lose

mq said...

dont listen to others... listen to your heart... dont you know mind is crazy and what more can you say about mind that belongs to somebody else.

dont buy anyone words.. if you are talking to yourself alot, your mind is making you confuse.. maybe just keep quiet.. trust and follow your heart.

Swee said...

@pat: my early enlightenment is their future loss...

@mq: i try not to have too many conversations within my head nowadays.. usually they are pretty useless, i have to agree