Friday, June 12, 2009

Good morning!

Yes it's 5am now and I'm about to turn in for the morning night. I actually promised myself to post an entry on another blog, but had to put that on hold because of some technical problems. Well, I guess an entry here would suffice too.

Met up with my poly mates for dinner, and the topic for the night revolved around marriage, sex, and living with your parents.

A hotly debated topic was the value of marriage, and the value that it holds. Maybe it really is the creative/artistic/abstract hormones in a designer, but it seems that mq has changed quite a bit. To be honest, I did not expect her to have such strong views against marriage. Haha. I'm kinda tired to write legibly now, so I think I just wanna say..

Don't abhor marriage.. Give your man and yourself a chance..

Views change over time, so what you are certain of now might not apply tomorrow. Condemnation is a harsh word, so always leave yourself some room to back into.

The topic of living with parents popped up over dinner and it seems that 家家真的有本难念的经. I hear everyone's stories with amusement, and we all try to find the lighter side to it.

I came out of the conversation with a new understanding - I can't force my ideas and suggestions upon others, based on what I've experienced with my family. Maybe I was too obstinate in the past, and while my intention was definitely good, it could have been applied better.

Then, it dawned on me how lucky I am to be in this family. I hear everyone's gripes, and I realized that they do not apply to me. No, I'm not gloating, I'm just grateful..

Home is really where the heart is...

No comments: