Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Looking forward to...

I seem to have many things to look forward to, and I better pen it down before I get too overwhelmed or forgetful, whichever comes first.

The list of things:
  1. Reservist (Yes I love this so much it has to be first)
  2. Workshop on Saturday
  3. My affiliate marketing campaigns, and sites in the pipeline
  4. My internet marketing blog
That night when I got notification of my callup, I was simply devastated. Yes that's how I felt. So right after checking the details and dates, I went straight to the FAQs to find out how does one apply for deferment. Turns out that if you have an exam during the period or at least within 2 weeks from the end of your ICT, you are eligible for deferment.

So the next step was to request for the timetable from my course administrator and then I started.... praying. I have an exam during that period so I just might get lucky. Haha. Oh well, it's not certain so I better not start counting chickens yet.

And if you do not already know, I have my first ever workshop lined up this Saturday. I've attended a few, but this will be the first one that I'm attending as a trainer. To say I'm overwhelmed would be an understatement. It's a full day workshop and while I'm confident of my knowledge, giving a speech on a professional platform is a totally new experience to me.

I figure I have a lot of preparation work to be done - namecards, presentation slides, agenda, flow of presentation, blah blah... At the same time, I'm pretty excited by this prospect too. I do believe that the first step is always the hardest, and when you're past that, things just build on from there.

"Pride and self centeredness is the foundation for stage fright.

You care more about how people think of YOU, than you care about helping the group in need of your information".

As for my online marketing venture, I've been losing money for the past few weeks. Yes, I'm learning lessons but damn those lessons do come at a high expense! I'm working hard, because I yearn for the day when I'm able to tell people I am a successful internet marketer and that is my job. My friend commented that I am too demanding of myself, but the only thing I demand is success. Haha.

Oh and I outsourced the design of my internet marketing blog to India and I'm pretty pleased with their work. Time to start blogging more on both ends!

Btw, do you know that the temperature in Singapore has hit an all time high of 39 degrees? At least that's what my good friend tells me.

4 comments:

drew said...

each time i read ur blog, its like im reading those motivational posters at the workplace.

anyway you better settle your deferment ASAP because saf doesnt consider SIM exams as exams.

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

"each time i read ur blog, its like im reading those motivational posters at the workplace."

(I fully agree! keke)

chua said...

lol