Sunday, June 28, 2009

I think you cant...

leave love to fate.

Although I go around telling people to leave love to fate, let nature take its course... I do realize that it is but a load of crap sometimes.

And because so many people live by this warped mantra, our country's population is suffering. Marriages are delayed, birth rates are lowered because people marry later, fertility is worsened, and there is an increasing number of people who choose to remain single for the rest of their lives.

Okay before I go into more of my rubbish, I have to say that I have absolutely nothing against people who choose to remain single and I absolutely respect that decision.

My point is, when everything goes back to basics, we are all but animals, albeit really smart and sophisticated ones. And animals are only born for one reason - reproduction.

Maybe I watch too many documentaries on Animal Planet (yes I love them), but I do think that reproduction is the sole reason for the existence of all living things. Yes of course there is no wrong if you choose to lead your single and meaningful life, but I believe life is not complete if you do have your own offspring.

So that brings me to my point about leaving love to fate and chance. If everyone is to do that, it is true that nothing will ever blossom. You see someone whom you are possibly attracted to, but instead of going all out to strive for bliss, you tell yourself to let nature take its course and proceed to hum to the tune of Que Sara Sara... Whatever will be, will be~..

Unknown to you, nature is sometimes lazy and instead decides to leave things in the hands of Murphy's Law. At the end of the day, you end up with nothing as you get older and older, while nature gets lazier and lazier.

Despite the freedom that I get from singlehood, I am adamant that nothing beats the feeling of having someone to care for and being cared for. A relationship really completes you. Sure, I get a lot of freedom and enjoyment being just me and me alone, but if you put things into perspective, the glass is only half full in this case.

6 comments:

DZ said...

great last para ending.
shines in comparison to the last post about the combs. haha

drew said...

i think ur losing it...ur blog makes me wanna kill babies...

Esen said...

Swee well said. we share the same sentiments yea. I always thought u are a strong advocate for "whatever will be, will be".

Now i m juz glad that u aren't..

=D

Ian said...

humans exhibit animalistic traits yes. but we are contradicting those very instincts the moment we evolved to have self awareness.

i think life in its simpliest form comprise of 2 aspects. chance and choice. meeting someone you think you can spend the rest of your life with is chance. what you want to do with the chance is your choice.

So whatever will be will be only if its by choice.

sombre notes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We only live once.

Screw what will be will be!