Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Numbers game

Spent the past week preparing for my paper yesterday morning, and I'm glad its finally over. I think Math has never been my strength (except than in Primary school). Give me business terminology any day over the technical and headache-inducing numbers and graphs.

Add to the fact that I've not touched differentiation, integration, and quadratic functions since sec school, you can imagine my agony when studying for this module. Sure, this is kind of like a fundamental course only, but it took me some time to reconcile all the concepts.

Anyway, its over now and ironically, I'm feeling pretty confident about the module. Hope my confidence is not misplaced though!

---

Talking about work, because of the obscurity of the nature of my work, it's hard for others to understand what I am doing, or am I even doing anything at all. It's not like I have to care about what they think, but sometimes I do try to explain to them that I am actually spending a lot of my time working, NOT slacking.

Sometimes, I have to realign my mindset and convince myself that the only one who I need to convince is me and me alone. I really should be past thinking about the opinions of external parties and just keep working.

I've now got a nice week bar distraction before the next school term starts again. Let's see what I can come up with.

Cheerios. :)

No comments: