Monday, October 6, 2008

A Touch of Death

I was awakened this morning by my mum with news that my Ah Gong had passed away. It was shocking, but not too unexpected. Our whole family had gone down to visit him at the nursing home yesterday and he showed signs that were out of the norm. He had been unconscious for all the time since he was admitted to the nursing home, but yesterday, it felt like he was trying to say something.

He had deep breaths and my mum said he was sighing and groaning in pain. Maybe it was fated that our whole family had gone down yesterday and at least saw him for the last time.

Somehow, after the visit, I had been thinking about this. When death nears, it seems like people around have this psychic ability to sense it.

Do cherish your grandparents when they are around. I've seen mine all depart. You get to choose your friends, and almost every other thing in the world, but when it comes to family, you only have just those few.

Anyway, I'm fine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

take care...

Anonymous said...

Take Care Sw.

Anonymous said...

care

mel said...

okie.. now i noe why..

take care...

Anonymous said...

stay strong.