Monday, August 24, 2009

I really should..

...be sleeping already because I wanted to go to the office early tomorrow but since I am in the mood to write, screw sleep for now.

I have quite a few things to write about so, pardon me if they are totally unrelated to one another. I just wanna write it down before I get hit by writer's block.

As I wrote in my previous entry a few days back, I am currently in a stage of limbo because the Big G so kindly decided to ban me altogether. As a result, I am now forced to diversify and am now picking up things that are totally new to me. And because I know shit about this new ground, I can't really go full speed ahead.

Knowing myself, I am someone who takes pretty high risks and can be quite impatient when it comes to getting results. (But recently, I realized there might be someone who knows myself better than I do.)

So because of this impatience, I can sometimes find myself making losses in the hundreds or thousands a day. Ouch ouch! And because this is just a number I see on the screen, sometimes I do not feel the pain immediately. That is when it gets really scary because I could continue making the same mistakes again and again if I don't learn fast enough.

Affiliate marketing is the business of spending money to make money, or at least according to me. I could be mentioning revenues of huge figures throughout, but the expenses are very high too. Net profit, and not revenue, is what matters ultimately in the end.

I mentioned before in one of my earlier posts that even though I was having it good back then, I felt there was still something lacking. I thought about it, and I think I've got the answer to that -

Someone to share my joy with.

Yes there is my family, and they definitely can share the joy with me. They are the ones who have always been around, and are the ones who would derive delight in my success for sure.

But, what was sorely lacking is a person whom I could talk about what I'm doing, and someone who would understand it too.

You know sometimes you can work your socks off and still feel energized because you've got a partner? It could be a working partner, or even a soul mate, as long as it's someone who understands what you're doing, it just makes work that much more enjoyable, and maybe bearable in some instances.

Call it synergy, call it company, but that was what I think was absent then and still is now.

Okay I feel better now after writing it out.

Hang in there! A little pain and sacrifice in the short run in exchange for something that will make it worth the while in the long run.

---

Second thought.

Today, I had a chat with someone whom I've not talked to in like a good few months. Someone whom I've always had a soft spot for. (I just googled 'soft spot' and I realize there could be a few definitions). And while the chat wasn't exactly long, I'm pretty happy to hear that things seem to be going well for her now.

---

Third thought.

Happy day Mr. X! Stop being emo and start living life again. I know it's hard to get out of it, but if you're the one who's refusing to move, you will never get out. Often the best advice is always the harshest, and if it seems that we are the bad guys, so be it.

---

Okay that's a total of 3 posts in a night. Ahh so much writing has made me feel hungry again, even though I had mee bandung a few hours ago. Haha.

Have a good week ahead everyone!

2 comments:

elaine said...

enjoy reading your posts...very reflective...nice. :)

Swee said...

I'm glad to have one more reader.

:)

I don't know if it counts, but happy teacher's day to you too!