Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My fave hangouts

Gloria Jeans - Changi Airport T2
(We're in this together...)

Lazy to rotate pic


Specially for me (I'd like to think!)


Happy

Still happy

Bemused + Amused + Bewildered + HUH?!
(Photo of the night)

Photos courtesy of Alvin's DSLR. He had a trigger-happy time that night at the airport while I tried hard to share with Ian the fundamentals of affiliate marketing. KY was also there, to make up for what was an unusually crowded night at Gloria Jeans, Changi Airport T2.

I do not mind working alone at the airport but in an ideal world, I would prefer to have someone working beside me. Butttttt, I figure that is a pretty unlikely prospect now and anytime soon though... Yawns.


Bedok Cage

Team shot

Serious shot FAIL

Those are silver trophies =)

HUAT AH!!!

We participated in a soccer competition last Sunday and surprise surprise, we actually got 2nd!
Never were we ever close to winning any silverware before, so to win something this time round was a huge huge surprise.

I have taken part in quite a few competitions in the past and I think the only thing I have ever won is.... a single football game. And at the ripe old age of 24 (soon), I don't think we'll be joining many more competitions in the future so that makes this victory all the more cherishable.

Besides the pivotal contribution of each member of the team, I would like to think that our team name played a very big role too. With a team name like "Huat Ah", it was pretty evident we were praying for divine help in the team's fortunes.

I'm glad Lady Luck responded positively, as we "cheated death" in a couple of games en route to the final. To be honest, all of us didn't expect to advance far in the competition so every additional game was just a bonus to us. But as we won each passing game, the confidence in us grew and after 5 gruelling games, we got to the final! Okay we got thrashed in that game, but I guess no one was upset over that. Haha.

Good job guys!


2 comments:

DZ said...

congrats man..
-so happy that u guys got 2nd
-even happier that there are actually pictures on ut blog now

Isorg said...

We did. Got 3rd/4th Remember?