Wednesday, February 6, 2008

27 dresses

I thought this would be a typical chick flick and probably a movie that guys wouldnt like. Well, I caught it over the weekend, and surprisingly, I liked it pretty much.

The storyline of the movie is about this girl Jane who has been a big big fan of weddings since she was a young girl. She likes to attend weddings so much, she has been a bridesmaid for a whopping 27 times, hence the movie title. So the story revolves around how she goes around trying to be the perfect bridesmaid, but not realising that she has been neglecting her own love life.

Then, came along this writer from a newspaper, Kevin, who is the complete opposite of Jane. He is a total cynic when it comes to weddings as his prospective bride left him for his best friend on their wedding day. So, as you might have guessed, Jane and Michael had their fair share of opinions and squabbles as they then eventually fell in love with each other. Sounds cliched enough but I thought the plot was quite novel for me.

Is it true that the bridesmaid always gets the ugly dresses so that they wont outshine the bride? I've thought of that question way before this movie so now I think maybe its true after all. Haha. In the movie, apparently all of Jane's dresses were never that glamourous and were in fact hilarious. Sounds like its better to be the best man already!

I dont wanna go into too much details so you ought to catch it for yourself. I think many things went through my mind as I was watching that. That is another story for another day so, suppress, repress and suppress again.

Hope that adage, "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" does not come true for all of us anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

swee!!!
pls tell alvin about the show. LOL
make him change his opinion about these kinda "seemingly chick flicks-not!" movies. hahahaha

anyway,
gong xi fa cai!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it would be hard to convince him. Im sure u know that better than me! hahah