Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day..not

At least not for me that is..

Come to think of it, it has been a while since I last spent Valentine's Day alone. 4 years to be exact. Well, when I saw my brother busy preparing for his girlfriend's gift and surprise, I can't really describe the feeling that I had at that point of time.

Relief? Not
Misery? Slight
Lost? Pretty

And I actually remember telling someone that I feel good not having to worry about planning for V Day this year. Now as I recall, I think I didnt mean what I said.

I think I have always liked planning for surprises and events, and sometimes, these are the occasions that keep the love going strong and eventful. Somehow, it doesn't feel right having so much time not planning for anything this time round.

So when everyone should be out dining with his/her lovely other half, here I am at my office desk blogging my loneliness away.

I read the poem I had written in the past, and I don't think I can write another of that now. The ones written in the past, they really flowed right from the heart. To write one now, it would be so superficial, and unfeeling. I don't know what would time bring, but I hope it does bring out the best for either of us, fruitful or not.

Elation is a distant memory now,
Joy a brief passer-by,
Gloom a frequent visitor and,
Devoid of emotions, a constant thorn.


Happy Valentine's Day to all couples out there and may bliss follow you all eternally!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets write poems together!
with help from nick, brian, kevin, howie and aj..

Anonymous said...

quit getting emo and set up a tagboard pls

kate said...

dearest swee :)

cheerios up. hard times will soon pass!

Swee said...

How did you make your way here Kate? Haha.

Thanks for the words and keep ur blog updated!