Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Of humour and the like...

Are you someone who brings smiles to people around you or are you one who has a smile affixed the whole time?

I like to be the former, but maybe I am a bit of both, or at least according to my polytechnic lecturer who recognized me as the guy with the perpetual smile.

I think I enjoy making people laugh.
Humour, and its different forms - Self deprecatory, satire, conundrum, exaggeration, wordplay, repartee, blah blah...

A friend once commented I have a wry sense of humour, or humour with a twist. I think my brand of humour applies only when I warm up to people, which could take time as I'm a slow cooker (according to Mr Johnson). I don't usually talk much when among relative strangers, it just doesn't work for me. And I sort of reciprocate more when I'm approached; that's when I actually pay attention.

That very much applies to my relationship too. The times when I develop some sort of attraction to the opposite sex (duh), they always happen when I get approached, or rather get paid special attention. Thinking back, I think that is oh so true.. I'm not one who believes in love at first sight, however unromantic that may be. Mine probably looks more like....

Love... after I'm sighted...

Haha.

No comments: