Saturday, August 23, 2008

A chef in the making...

What do you do when Mum's out and won't be back home in time to cook dinner?

You take over the mantle.... and the apron... and volunteer to cook for the whole family!

So I had my virgin attempt at cooking a meal by myself, and without any hands on help.
And what other dish to try on my first attempt than the idiot-proof and ever so delicious fried rice..
Thank god I didn't fare too badly!

I went to the Internet, scoured for the best fried rice recipes, mixed and matched the good stuff from each, and then got my hands down and dirty.

And the end result?

One word...

...Irresistible

Actually, I thought it could have been better but I guess I'm contented when Mum said I passed the test. Somehow, not one of them believed me when I tell them I'm cooking and tell them to come home for dinner.

The verdict?
I shall try fried mee next... =))

If swee can cook, so can you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

first dz..now u.

this is great...who knows..we might even see alvin cooking something besides the customary instant noodles and instant rice!

mel said...

looks good wor.. but i wonder how it taste.. does it taste as good as my dad's?:)

Swee said...

Drew: What you wannnnnnt to eat?

Melissa: As much as I wish to say so, ur dad's much better.. hahah.. Gimme more time.. I'll try it w/ mushrooms the nxt time.

mel said...

haha.. aite.. you'll have more time then.. mushrooms.. hm...sometimes i wonder.. mushrooms dont go with everything.. with fried rice.. hm.. i wonder...

but mushrooms as a separate dish & to be enjoyed with fried rice.. tats sounds better.. say.. mushrooms sauteed with garlic.. *sounds yummy already..