Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Freedom

I'm a free man! As an ingenious friend of mine so aptly texted me:

Hey, go take a look at your IC. Under the status, it should not be saying Single.. It should be saying... Free man.

Not that I know our ICs actually show our marital status but yeah, I thought it was pretty creative. Haha.

As with all other countdowns, all that wait before this day finally came made it a bit of an anti-climax. I wasn't expecting anything special but I actually felt neutral about the entire episode.

Source: Be Free by pincel3d

Shit. I seriously think I'm becoming more and more devoid of emotion by the day.

It probably sounds stupid but the one simple thing that I so looked forward to on the day I quit my job was to have a night of undisturbed and pleasant sleep. I would be able to wake up without the help annoyance of my alarm and not bother about being late for work.

And simple as it may be, I didnt think I got it.
Yup, I did wake up when my biological clock told me to, not the mechanical one for once.
But I had like 3 dreams, with different leads in each of them, yet each being so palpable.

Source: My cookie heart by pincel3d

On the day I left the job, I wonder if its indicative of something..
Maybe I am really not... free.

---

On another note, my exams start next Fri and I haven't started revising at all. It's almost impossible to prepare for exams when you are working at the same time. Trust me, you wouldn't understand unless you have been there, done that.

So for those who are full and part time workers and students concurrently, brace on!
In the words of Harvey Dent:
The night is darkest before the dawn..
In the words of Swee:
Every cloud has a silver lining...
The shining edges of every cloud reminds us that every difficult situation has a bright side.
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger!
加油!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

Anonymous said...

classic jason mraz.

mel said...

go to the beach already.. be a beach boy...

Swee said...

nice song eh? Think he's really good.

Yeah I wld love to jog on the beach. Haven't tried that before but it sounds interesting.

Lyn said...

and we can all go study by the beach haha

mel said...

yay.. lets all go bitching.. ops.. beaching i mean.. LOL