Monday, August 18, 2008

Rejoice!

An Olympics medal after 48 years!
Rejoice Singaporeans!

I think it's really good for us that we have achieved this feat.
The strength of a nation is usually reflected on the sporting stage as well and its a way of telling the rest of the world that we have arrived, if they do not already know.

You just have to feel proud when you see your nation's flag flying high in an Olympics final. Yup, they are foreign imports no doubt, but at least they played their hearts out for their adopted nation.

I know it sounds somewhat contradictory to what I had mentioned in an earlier post but let's face it, it would probably take a few decades for us to groom someone of that calibre, judging by our limited population.

---

That is why the PM is asking us to marry earlier and have more children. Will everyone please respond to the nation's call and do the right thing?

Me? I think when I start a family, I will at least have 2 kids. Being the only child in a family will only make growing up so lonely and boring. Having a playmate, someone to share your stuff with, a bro or sister to quarrel your way through, all these make up for precious memories...
Absolutely priceless.

I think I would have liked to have a sister but it was not to be. My parents had wanted that too but somehow when one and one adds up, only my two brothers and I are produced. Haha. I'm not complaining but the thought of having a sister to care for would be nice.

Alright, time to get back to the books.. One more paper to go on Wed and I'm done!

9 comments:

mel said...

tats why i say.. treat me as jie mei lor.. tat like lor got sister le mah..

Anonymous said...

jia you ah!

Anonymous said...

i can be your sis too. =)

Anonymous said...

spore's "limited" population has nothing to do with its inept sporting performances.
jamaica has 2.8mil ppl, and they have the fastest man in the world.

its all about resource allocation and mindsets. until that day comes, foreign imports shall be the only answer.

Swee said...

I'm so honoured!
So many people want to be my sis.. =))

Okay I shall go through the shortlist now..

Swee said...

Drew, it's in their genes.. Not a fair case, I would say! Haha.

One day, we will become truly cosmopolitan. Then you ask.. what is the Singaporean identity then?

mel said...

yes yes.. see.. u dun wan me as bro.. so sis can right.. haha..

so... shes ur kinda ger ar.. ur cup of tea.. :)

Swee said...

Okay sis, where's my cup of tea?

mel said...

wat thing where ur cup of tea..how noe where.. u go find ar..