Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Dark Knight, at long last...

After what seemed like forever, I finally caught the movie...
and was duly blown away...

The cast, the cars, the acting, the action, and just about everything made my wait for the movie seem so worthwhile..

It must have been the first time that I was watching a movie and worrying that it was about to end anytime soon. Like when Two-Face (Harvey Dent) was unveiled, I thought the movie would end abruptly and just push all the unaccounted details to the next sequel. Turned out my worries were unfounded as it ended anything but abruptly, and yet it still left you wanting for more.

Much has been said about Heath Ledger's performance as Joker in the movie, and I would say he thoroughly deserves all those accolades and more. But, I thought all that attention took credit away from Christian Bale for his role as Batman. Maybe it's me but after watching his part in an earlier movie, The Prestige, I have been a fan since.


And I thought the last line in the movie served much food for thought, the first part especially.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight".

Catch the movie, if you haven't already..
And catch it again, if you have only caught it once..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as alfred said...
i told you so.

so do yourself a favour and join the exclusive club of ppl who've watched it twice.