Sunday, June 15, 2008

周杰倫 - 青花瓷

I have listened to this song for quite a couple of times but never really sat down and absorbed what the lyrics really meant.

On a lazy sunday afternoon while talking to the most rabid and ardent Jay Chou fan, I sat down, read, and listened to the song in its whole entirety.

To the average person who does not have a basic understanding of the Chinese language, I do not recommend that you try deciphering the song because you could easily go crazy;
Akin to those martial arts experts that you see in chinese movies who go crazy while trying to grasp the meaning of those absurd engravings on manuals and caves. (走火入魔)

Well, I nearly did, but considering that my chinese has deteriorated so drastically, it probably doesn't say much.

My interpretation of the song is at best, elementary, so I guess it's better to spare you my version and leave my understanding of it to just like how the song is written - Dreamy.

青花瓷

It brought back memories of the many abstract chinese proses and poems I used to study in Chinese Literature and I thought this belongs there as well, albeit with a tinge and twist of novelty.

I know you will need the lyrics so here it goes:
周杰倫 - 青花瓷

And if you need the English translation, which I too know is highly likely, you can click on the 'Translation' tab on that page. But like all things written in its native language, a translation would never do the original masterpiece justice.

Expect a few laughs as you read through the directly translated english verses though. Haha.

Meanwhile, enjoy the song... =)

No comments: