Thursday, June 26, 2008

What you can buy with USD 6million

Email from my boss:

Folks,

These homes cost between USD 3mln – 6mlm.

Amazingly big for this sum. In Singapore, even if you have USD 6mln, the house ain’t going to be even half this big....

Luxury Home 1
Luxury Home 2

Alright, get your ass back to work now.. :)

-----

To which I replied:
Thanks for the reality check!

-----

His reply next:

Swee,

Most of the billionaires do not have a basic degree.
Bill Gates, Dell, Richard Branson, Felix Dennis (owner of Maxim, etc) none of them has a degree.

I bet the owners of the 2 homes I sent you, didn’t even complete school.

I suggest you quit school and forget about it. Having a diploma is already considered respectable enough.
Based on the above statistics, having a degree will greatly reduce the odds of you getting rich...

If you don’t believe the stats, well, go on and complete your degree...we’ll see in 20 years if you have amassed USD 6mln.

Last weekend, I bought Felix Dennis book How To Get Rich.
In it, he says being rich can’t make you happy. Most of the times, it can even make you more unhappy.
But from all the rich friends he has seen, and from his personal experience, being rich can almost certainly improve your sex life...he says when you become rich, somehow there’s a lot of people who will want to sleep with you and that’s regardless how you look, that’s just how human being works.....

======================

This was what my boss sent to me yesterday morning..
What would be your reply?

I'll show you mine, in a while...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind Tony Stark =)

Anonymous said...

well you didnt include other millionaire who has a degree and has a much better sex life then those you have mentioned.
and in 5 years time you will be reading my book on how to get rich and here's an important advice. Never listen to your boss who wish to prevent you from leaving the company for his own benefit.

Anonymous said...

He is not entirely wrong thou, since indeed he has more life experiences than any of us here. I would even thank him for those 'encouraging' remarks to spur me on, working towards my goal.

Anonymous said...

as in, encourage you not to pursue your degree or?.

millionaire!

Anonymous said...

encourgae = spike = prove = success

Anonymous said...

for fun...

Hi boss,

i think i fall into the 95% confidence of the bell curve (if he wanna talk stats, talk stats back), which most of the population falls in. it means i think being not rich, wont make me happy.

in case you haven't notice.. i have already told you abt my resignation. it also means that i need another job. And it is reasonable to think that other employers would pay me according to qualifications. well, the degree is gonna help me, somehow, of achieving the goal of not-being-poor.

From,
Your quitting employee

ps: i am still gonna quit and please enjoy your book.

Anonymous said...

or maybe like. ok Boss i wont go for my degree and will stay on your stupid job. whats the percentage that i may become a millionaire by being under u? when in the first place, U are not?

Anonymous said...

I noe its lame but i cant help..

Let me go home
I’ve had my run
(BOSS), I’m done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all be all right
I’ll be (RICH) tonight
I’m NOT coming back anymore