Sunday, April 27, 2008

I am appalled, if not extremely disappointed and dismayed at Sir Alex's decision to use his second stringers for the second game in a row, and in the most 2 important games of their season to date too.

I mean, what was he thinking? That his second team can beat the likes of Barca and Chelsea at their home ground, or to just grind out a draw? Chelsea who havent lost at their ground for more than 4 years would crumble or quiver in their legs at the sight of Fletcher and co at the tunnel? If your players have come so far, I'm sure 45 mins more on the pitch wouldnt exactly kill them right? Adrenaline and big matches can carry even the most weary of legs and I'm sure that is the case with the players too.

To see Man Utd labour against their opposition in the past 2 games was not a pleasant sight for the many man utd fans to behold. If we have come so far only to falter at this stage, I wonder what was all the hype and hard work for previously. Honestly, if we were to lose out on everything, I wouldn't be surprised, but angry at what is really perceived to be tactical naivety and obvious underestimation of the opposition.

Fergie, what were you thinking?
All that talk about respect for match officials just a few weeks ago, and yesterday you absolutely ridiculed the men in black and if anything, respect was nowhere to be seen.

I hope you can bow out on a high, winning the Champions League for the second time, The Holy Grail, because that is what you really deserve after more than 20 years in the business, but I implore you to wake up soon, and realise that this season, we are really nothing much when Ronaldo isn't on the pitch.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

watched the match last nite and have to say that man utd were played off the park.

honestly, man utd is becoming a one-man team like pool and arsenal of previous years.

Pool = Gerrard
Arsenal = Henry
Man Utd = Ronaldo

and to be fair to fergie, he was only scraping for draws in both camp nou and stamford bridge. so, he almost got what he wanted.

but rest assured..he'll get the EPL.

champions league? only if he meets chelsea in the final.

Swee said...

See you Liverpool in the final!
=))

Anonymous said...

Why nv blog about our soccer at ecp on saturday night? haha nv talk about my tackle on you ah?

Swee said...

To shaun: Honestly I had wanted to, but to slam my "Brothers Forever" in my blog for such an insignificant tackle would be really petty of me.

But please do not try it again. I was lucky to escape unscathed!