Friday, April 4, 2008

Sms Etiquette

I am pretty particular when it comes to unanswered smses. When I say that, I refer to smses that require a reply.

I dont know about you but it certainly is very frustrating when I ask questions via sms and they go un-replied. Like the many articles before this that harped about the lack of courtesy and etiquette in email and smses, this certainly reinforces that trend.

Isn't it basic etiquette to reply a question?

Because the question came in the form of an sms, it is thus rendered insignificant, and you can ignore the sender totally.

When people ask questions, it is precisely because they need answers.. from you! And the least you could do is to just take up that phone and key out the very few letters needed for a reply, positive or not.

It appalls me, when I see the number of people who think so lightly of this nowadays. And when I do ask them why did they not reply, they give me crap like,

"I thought we had rapport!"
"We're such good friends, doesnt matter if i reply or not la.."

And they can do the same thing over and over again, like I am an idiot sending one-way messages. It is just not a coincidence when the same person does not reply your smses everytime. I get so disillusioned that I phase them out totally the next time round.

To me, it just shows a complete lack of respect.

Well, so far, I've only seen that happen in guys so it's probably fair to say that we do have some way to go when it comes to basic etiquette.


**Dont worry CS, i'm not referring to you here.. The Golden Doubles go way beyond that.. Haha

1 comment:

Thiang! said...

Tsk. To think you didn't even reply my question when I asked you why you got scolded!

*grumbles under breath*