Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The R Letter

I tendered my resignation today.

While I was on the way to work this morning, I was just thinking that this was exactly the same shirt I wore when I first went for my interview with the company.

I remember it so clearly because it is my first business shirt and my mum had insisted on paying for it.

So I went to the boss' office and spoke to him about it. I need to give a 75 business day notice before I can leave the job and that would mean staying on till end of July. By then, my studies would have started so I had requested for an early release.

He didnt agree to it, nor did he promise me that I can leave earlier than the stipulated period. But, he did assure me that he would look for a replacement and he sees no point in holding me back.

To be honest, I can't wait for the day when my replacement comes and I can hand over my duties. That's not to say I would slacken off or I won't bother myself with work anymore. The boss will probably have his reservations that I will still give my best given the situation, but I would think I am that professional enough to continue in the same stead.

Which also means, I would be a poor student very soon..!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back to student life yea~ =D i'm already a poor student~ =X say hi to textbooks and lectures and tutorials...... =D

Swee said...

Sounds fun...!