Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Puberty, once more...

After much procrastination, I finally sought medical help for my what-seems-to-be-ever-increasing acne. Not that I had wanted to see the doctor, but my pimples were getting out of hand, and onto my face literally.

One, then two, and all of a sudden, 4 big hard lumps were stuck on my face, causing my face to look misleadingly bloated. There were not like normal pimples, but more like mosquito bites,
big, swollen and felt really stiff to the touch. So Sunday was the day I decided that I had to put a stop to it.

It wasn't easy to force myself to wake up at 730am on a Sun morning and rush down to the very famous dermatological Maple Clinic in Tampines. And the fact that the Man Utd game was at midnight meant I had precious little sleep.

Doctor: When did you start having these pimples?
Me: Around 2 months back, I guess.

Doctor: Did anything happen in these 2 months?

Me: Ermmm, I broke up, does that count?

Doctor: Ahhh yes yes, break up.. Stress stress.

Me: *Perpetual smile*

I thought that was a brilliant diagnosis, just like what my mum told me too. My mum even went on to name me the celebrities who grew many pimples after they broke up. Haha.

So she gave me some antibiotics and some 5 course application lotion to be applied twice a day. Well, as long as these pimples get the hell out of my sight and face, I wouldn't mind all the extra trouble! Review will be in 3 weeks time and hopefully, everything gets a lot better then.

Just like before
It's yesterday once more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah lor yah lor...
i am having the symptoms for the second puberty too... zits zits everywhere on my face...
dont tell me virgos have second puberty at this time of the year... that sucks. big time.

Swee said...

Haha really? So I am not alone!

Btw, when's liberation coming for you?