Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random

I like hawker centres. Do you?

I like walking around markets, hawker centres, town centrals, in the morning and taking in all the interesting sights.

Where else can you find such creative and original signs other than these places?

I'll make love to you...

Loosely translated as "Boss is out, anyhow sell!"


Sometimes, we all need to be simpler than what we have turned out to be.

The place I most like to have my breakfast at is the neighbourhood hawker centre. I'm never that free nowadays though. Used to go there everyday with Ys, Ch and Andrew for tau huay breaks. Haha.

I like it because they have everything there. Soya milk, carrot cake, wanton noodles, porridge, economical bee hoon, kueh, kway chap, nasi lemak, and the list just goes on and on. I must have had too much nasi lemak in primary school, it's become my favourite food now. That is why when Sat morning soccer doesnt happen and I do not spend friday night out late, I would sometimes try to make the effort to accompany my mum to the market, which doesn't happen too often as you might have guessed.

So yes, when all the aunties see a young man go with his mum to the toilet, the standard cries of "好命啊, 儿子这么大了..." ring all around. Sounds familiar to many of you too I'm sure.
On a side note, when strangers see my elder bro and I, most mistake me for the older one. To which my bro never fails to add in, "他比较臭老!" Well, can't fault him for his enthusiasm. Haha. You know the reason is because I am 10cm taller than you! Oops.

I think I will miss the day when I move out of a HDB town and stay somewhere else. I don't know but I am picturing the times when I start my own family and I will bring them to the market every Sunday. Haha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pri Sch nasi lemak is really good!!!

Anonymous said...

correct if im wrong but i believe tau huay breaks were ch's conceived idea.. and soon it gathered a cult following.

Swee said...

To tu er: Yeah I had withdrawal symptoms after I left Fenghshan! Haha

To drew: Those were the days man.. School was all about tau huay breaks, magic, and soccer.

Anonymous said...

i love those tau huay breaks lo. and i could eat and eat and nv get fat during those days=)

Swee said...

Hahah I wonder why.. Must be your long romantic walks with Mr Tan back home everyday.