Thursday, May 1, 2008

Labour Day

And I'm feeling so tired because I stayed with the guys till 6am at Simpang after the game between Chelsea and Liverpool. Before that, we played 2 rounds of mahjong at ch's.


It was interesting to see the crowd being so rowdy and it was a first for me. Every miss and goal was followed by the deafening voices of the crowd. Certainly helps to build up the atmosphere at sleepy 5am in the morning!

Mahjong, soccer, maggi goreng, and good usual banter.
Good way to spend the night before Labour Day.

The government should declare more public holidays to restore some rurality to the society.

----

I'm actually very weary.
I can't wait for the next episode of my life but I am literally crawling towards it. Every passing day seems like eternity and though I know this is just a temporary phase, I am very worn out already.

I am not happy and I certainly do not try to hide the fact that I am at all. I'm just trying to maintain what I ought to do and not burn the bridge between him and me.

If I had a choice, I would not be there anymore.
I am waiting and when it comes, trust me, even getting back my pink IC is not in the same league as that!

So, I see it as a tribulation; one that exposes me to the harsh reality of the world and that some things that you never thought could happen, would happen.

To keep myself sane, thankfully there are family, friends and..
...public holidays!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to chelsea.

gotta say i've massive respect for frank lampard.
anyone who can take a penalty under such intense pressure, and after losing his mom a few days ago, totally deserves anyone's respect.

and congrats to you swee, im really glad that man utd finally got to the final after urm... i think it was like 15 years? but in all honesty, i feel really sorry that chelsea is going to win.

its not that man utd aren't any good. it's just that... well...

the final's in moscow, yes?

chelsea is owned by who?

and it's no conspiracy theory. look at back at the final with milan-juventus.

who won? milan.
why? hmmmm...let's see, now who was their president at that time?

dude, i reckon we should start a football discussion blog.
typing in this tiny arsed window seriously irks me.

Swee said...

Nice analysis, drew.

But, conspiracies aint good enough to thwart fate and history. It's written in the stars that the Champions' League is going to Old Trafford!

1) It's the 50th anniversary since the Munich air disaster.

2) 40-year gap since Sir Matt Busby's team lifted the European Cup in 1968.

3) 10 years since Man Utd have had a world class defender since David May. (We have Wes Brown now)

The footballing Gods have spoken. And its something that Roman and his riches can't do anything about...!