Monday, May 12, 2008

Thoughts..

We gathered at Ian's house for his belated birthday BBQ last Sat, something that has been overdue for a month due to their exams.

Anyway, it was the first time I got to see Sophia, Ian's girlfriend. It turned out that she was nothing like the shy girl that he had told me about. And I mean it in a good way of course.
In fact, I am happy for him. I was still having my reservations that Ian wouldn't be himself when in her presence but it was unfounded. I think it speaks a lot when you can be your true self when with your other half and that was what I saw evidently on Sat. By that, I mean Ian was in his usual out of sorts behaviour. Haha.

Ben's girlfriend Huizhen turned up as well, and to prove a point too! I totally disagree with him when he said that Huizhen turns up more often at our gatherings than JL. Although I know it isn't true, I was quite disturbed by that comment.
Ben if you are reading this, it's nothing personal against you. It's just my train of thought.

I like BBQs and the time spent at the grill together. A time to chill out, enjoy the company of friends, and of course good food. A time to get away from everything and just abandon all your baggage.

Not quite the same photo but it was a BBQ all the same

To end this post, here's to everyone in the group..

Ys
I believe it's a blessing in disguise that it didnt happen. Everything that happened, happened for a reason. And the reason would be known when you find the next one. Your courage and magnanimity really impressed me. It isn't easy to do what you have done and I for one would not have been capable of that. So, continue from where you left off and everything else will sort out nicely.

Ky
Time to wake up and move on dude. Every failure just paves the way for a better one next time round. Since it wasn't meant to be, you would be better off not dwelling on that. You are worth much more than that so it's time to set your priorities where it matters. You've been in a slumber for too long, even the cows have come home!

Ian
I'm honestly happy for you that you are finally... attached! Looks like Uncle Love has come good and it's time to reap the harvest. Haha. Keeping it going takes effort and lots of understanding. I'm sure you will do great. All the best! And see you for lunch more often..

CS
Probably the one who's enjoying life the most at present. You and her seem like you really have got it going so don't slacken off! I'm sure you know that it wasn't easy to get to your current stage so don't let it go to waste. Good things don't just appear, you gotta work for it and make it happen. Love knows no distance! If you get what I mean... Haha.

CH
The ever present on all occasions, maybe together with me. I don't know if that is just a facade given your current bachelor status but I do not mind you missing a few get-togethers if that mean you can find your other half. Haha. Sometimes, reel life does not equate to real life so cut down on the dramas! It paints you a false picture, although I do hope it happens for you. Add a few other tricks to your arsenal other than prawn shelling and they will soon start queuing up for your attention.

Ben
The one I've known the longest, 14 years and counting. You and her seem like you have been in it for years. Although it is good that quarrels do not happen, the complete lack of it could be deadly at times too. You do not reveal much so this is just a picture I'm painting in my mind. I do hope that it is very rosy for you though. I'm sure you know better than me that a good catch doesn't come by easy, especially considering how much you went through before it all happened for you. So, keep it going! But just don't force her to support Germany.


----

I still think I miss the times when there is someone else in my life. Someone to care for and look to when things happen.

You asked me how I managed to do it, it wasn't easy. And it still is not.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man.. why diss ben? tsk.

GoldJade said...

haha. i love everything abt the gang of 7. but u always choose the worst pic of all for me. I look like i m shitting behind ian!=D

Swee said...

That's like one of the only few pics we even took. Haha.

And im not dissing anyone!