Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday morning soccer (SMS)

There are times when things just do not go our way and we would end up losing every single game. It's like everything the opponents touch turn into gold and we can't even defend or attack for shit. Last Saturday was the perfect example of such a day. We couldn't even string a few passes together and were letting in stupid goals from all over the court.

I was still joking to the guys yesterday that we'd better pray for today's game, in case history repeats itself. Well, we didnt play that well but it wasn't as bad as the previous week. I was in quite a foul mood though. Perhaps it was the weather, the lack of sleep, or the lack of performance from the entire team. I'm quite a bad loser when it comes to playing football so I'll always end up shouting at my teammates when things go awry.

Just to let you guys know, it isnt personal and everything gets forgotten once the game ends. I say all that because I want to win and sometimes in the heat of things, I may sound too harsh for your liking. This is something that I look forward to every weekend and that explains my frustration. For a morning that does not happen till a week later, I do not want it to end that quickly. Probably I treat it too seriously, but I do realise that this does not carry over to other aspects of my life. Haha.

So, if I go overboard, snap me out of it and bring me back to sanity!

No comments: