Friday, May 30, 2008

Timely reflection

What do you do when you have not been a student for more than 3 years and school starts in 5 days' time?

You start thinking of getting a pencil box, foolscap paper, and stationery, of course!

As simple as that sounds, that has been something I have been thinking about for the past week. Haha.

I want/need to get a laptop although that would seriously strain my finances for the time being. I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, when it was supposed to be months ago that I had wanted to get one. Unlikely to be a Macbook this time round, something more budget perhaps.

Everyone's been asking what do I spend my money on and I can't really put a finger to that. I'm not that broke, but I am definitely not that loaded! Maybe the definition of being well off differs for each individual.

You see money in a different light once you start working and the feeling you get is that it appears to feel really transient at times. While I am studying, I most probably wouldn't be earning as much as I am currently so I wonder how long will my savings last.

And the thing is, I am seriously not someone good at saving money. As much as I would like to, I guess it's just not in me. I don't splurge on flashy gadgets or expensive stuff, but I think I spend on many small things that can't really be seen with the naked eye. Haha.

Anyway, to the tune of the famous jingle,

It's the weekend today!

No comments: